Skip to main content

It’s the Crafty Daze very first blog post! Cool Beans!

 🌸Hi,

You can’t see me, but yup! I’m doing my happy dance! 💃 I finally got the nerve to dive into the world of blogging! I will be sharing my spin on crafting ideas seen all over the internet. I will give credit to the crafter who gave me the inspiration if it is not my own design! Hope you will enjoy my tips and tricks and pictures and videos of finished projects!😊

So let’s get started! Right now I’m into everything paper crafting. From altering composition books, binding my own books, and even altering simple paper clips. Did I mention the word ‘vintage’? I absolutely love vintage greeting cards, and I will search high and low for them! Just a note....I have loads of boxes from my dear mom and mother-in-law stored away in our garage. But since it’s -2°🧊outside right now in northern Wisconsin I might freeze looking through them! But, hey, if we get above 32° I might just go for it! Here are a few cards I have found before the deep freeze: 




They are so special to me I wish I had a pair of white gloves to touch them with! The first craft project I will show you how I made is this cute junk journal for my twin sister (best friend)💞You can find a printable of the card I used at the end of this post to make your own!💕I like sharing☺️


🌸The front cover was made using the front of the vintage card.
 I glued the ribbon on first, then the card on top.

Pretty pages!💕🌸

I sewed pockets onto the pages. Added tags cut from my Cricut and added ribbons. 
Made a little fold up journaling card and glued on the blue floral trim.🌸

🌸Added a homemade bookmark embellished with ribbons and beads.

Made a waterfall journaling card and attached it with a decorative brad.🌸

Made another flip up journaling card and added some pretty ribbon.🌸

This sweet journal was made from five white envelopes!
🌸💛🌼
*I learned how to construct this journal from a YouTube video, here is the link! 

https://youtu.be/hxur2HhAxG4

🌼To see a video flip through of this sweet journal I made, click the following link!🌸Enjoy!


💕You are welcome to download and print this photo of the vintage greeting card I used! Thanks for checking me out! Have fun and hope you are having a Crafty Happy Day!😊💕🌸
Gaye




 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

🎼Music Notes & Bicycle Journal

🌸 Hi crafty friends🙂 I fell in love with a certain scrapbook paper pad today💝As soon as I saw the bicycle page I imagined it as a beautiful photo book💕🎼The bicycle, the beautiful flowers and music themed background is just stunning🌸 I made this with a technique using 3 notecards and 2 matching envelopes. It is a genius, incredibly, fun idea! I used paper from the Kirby Teesdale pad to decorate the journal pages.😃The link to the YouTube video I used showing this technique is at the end of this post. Also, if you would like to see a video flip through of my journal, it will be found there too!🌼 Lets take a look at this sweet journal🌸 🌸Music Notes & Bicycle Journal🌸 This is the paper pad I found at Hobby Lobby😊 🎀All the pretty pages. I distressed all the edges & added little journaling tags I cut from my Cricut.🌸 I added a ring faster on the spine with lots of ribbons & musical charms💛🎻🎵🎀 Have you ever used these photo corners to attach photos in your journal

Sweet Little Altered Paperclips

🌸 Hi everyone!  Hope you are having a happy crafting day!🌸Whether you have an hour or the whole day, any amount of crafting makes your day enjoyable!💛Don't you think?🙂 Today I'm showing some altered paperclips I have made.📎💛It is so much fun and very addicting! I can't stop making them, but will soon half to stop, as I'm running out of paperclips!  Let's take a look! 🎀📎💕 This one is my favorite!🌸🎀I found this little picture of a girl as part of a piece of scrapbook paper. I cut around the edges and then torn it closer to the little picture. I used water and a paintbrush to help make a pretty edge while I was tearing it.🙂Using gold thread and pretty ribbon for embellishments. My hot glue gun holds everything together.  These are three of them I have made so far.  I used ribbons, lace, metallic threads, and sequins to embellish the paper cut outs.💕 I used distressing ink around all the edges. 💛 This is the back, you can see that I have used a 'ticket

🎁Christmas Gift Giving Kits

 🌸Hello Crafty Friends! Today I am dreaming of snowflakes, winter holidays, and gift giving! I know its a little early, but I just can't wait any longer to work on my Christmas projects!🎄🎁 Every year I get excited to make my own gift tags and somehow it always ends up on the back burner! Do you find yourself getting so busy with baking all those goodies, shopping for presents and going to all those holiday parties? Well, this year I'm starting early and creating some inexpensive, simple, fun,  gift tags I can make with paper from my stash!  I also made cute 'receipt envelopes' with 2 pockets and placed a few gift tags in them. These little kits will be sent as 'happy mail' instead of greeting cards this year! I think they will be so helpful, as family can keep track of receipts and have cute gift tags to use also!😊I sewed them together with my sewing machine. (you can also use glue) I came across a wonderful Papercrafter on YouTube. She showed everyone how t